For most of August, Paul and I will be crossing and exploring the United States from Seattle to Connecticut where Paul is moving so he can make me breakfast, do the laundry, spend some time with Nick the cat and give me tons of love and support as I charge through my last year (technically 9 months) of nursing school. Joining us are Tommy & Sara and a few other people here and there. Tommy is moving to Massachusetts and Sara is coming along for the excitement of it all. Along the way, Paul & Tommy will be playing shows as Constantly Burning Fire. I wanted to write about the trip so I could keep you all informed of our adventures.
Constantly Burning Fire is an experimental, electronic musical duo that creates sounds that spark your imagination and entertain your curiosity. Paul developed the concept sometime in 2007, they played their first show together in February 2008 in Seattle, put our their first CD in May 2009 and are now touring the country. For more, visit http://www.mypsace.com/constantlyburningfire.
On July 31, we moved out of the apartment in Seattle and down to Lacey, WA for a few days to Paul's parents' house before we officially hit the road on Tuesday. On August 1, CBF played their last show in the Pacific Northwest in Tacoma, WA at the Silent Music Studios. Also on the bill, The Howlies from Atlanta, the Black Hollies, from New Jersey, and Brotherhood of the Black Squirrel from Tacoma.
Some highlights:
But seriously, another amazing performance by Constantly Burning Fire.
I love their song Big Bird Ride!!! Love it!!!!!
And so it goes...Tuesday we packed up the cars, with stuff, stuff, and more stuff. While doing so Tommy learned a technique to p
Despite the last minute discovery, they stopped at Greyhound after they left to ship more stuff to the East Coast, in consideration of the comfort of the passengers.
The picture is Tommy in his car.
Paul and I loaded up good 'ole Gerty, his 1992 Mitsubishi Mirage and we were off to Portland.

No comments:
Post a Comment